Friday 1 March 2013

monthly roundup: feb 2013

I hope you've all had a fine February! I can't say that mine has been particularly eventful but that has left plenty of time for reading and movie watching! I'm still ahead of schedule on all of my 2013 projects though I only watched 1 musical this month! I have several uni deadlines at the end of March that could mean that my reading will tail off in the next couple of weeks but I may well end up using books to procrastinate!

In terms of recs, I definitely recommend 'Tell the Wolves I'm Home' - it was by far my favourite of everything I read this month and I can almost guarantee that it'll be on my best of the year list. If you like gorgeously filmed, theme based movies I recommend 'To The Wonder', otherwise my movie rec of the month is 'Beautiful Creatures' which I enjoyed wayyyyy more than I was expecting. As both movies suggest, I'm easily swayed by excellent faces!


books read

Ally Carter - Perfect Scoundrels (7/10)
Gayle Foreman - Just One Day (8/10)
Maggie Stiefvater - The Raven Boys (8/10)
Carol Rifka Brunt - Tell the Wolves I'm Home (9/10)
Bill Bryson - A Walk in the Woods (6/10)



new movies watched

Last Night (7/10)
Lincoln (8/10)
High Society (6/10)
Warm Bodies (7/10) 
Beautiful Creatures (7/10)
To The Wonder (8/10)


music

Listen

Lana del Rey - Summertime Sadness (Monsieur Adi Remix)
BASTILLE - Pompeii (Monsieur Adi Remix)
Chloe Howl - Rumour
MS MR - Fantasy
Atlas - Thinking Bout You (Frank Ocean cover)
James Blake - Retrograde
Frank Ocean - Pyrite (Fool’s Gold)
Foxes - Warrior (acoustic)
Miley Cyrus - Jolene


No comments:

Post a Comment