Saturday 11 May 2013

things making me happy: 11 may 2013

As I mentioned in my monthly roundup post last week I recently started listening to the NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour Podcast (you can see the blog here). I love the discussions and reviews they have on the show but my favourite part is always the final segment called 'What's making you happy this week?' - it's really nice to hear people being excited and enthusiastic about pop culture and unabashedly sharing things that they enjoy, no matter how silly! Assuming that the world/blogosphere can never have too much happiness or enthusiasm, I figured that I'd steal the idea and make it a feature here!

things making me happy this week


#1 - Elizabeth Wein has written a companion novel to Code Name Verity!

Code Name Verity is one of my favourite novels - it's beautiful and heartbreaking and just wonderful - so it is safe to say that I am THRILLED that Elizabeth Wein is writing more about lady pilots in WW2!


Rose Justice is a young American ATA pilot, delivering planes and taxiing pilots for the RAF in the UK during the summer of 1944. A budding poet who feels most alive while flying, she discovers that not all battles are fought in the air. An unforgettable journey from innocence to experience from the author of the best-selling, multi-award-nominated Code Name Verity. From the exhilaration of being the youngest pilot in the British air transport auxiliary, to the aftermath of surviving the notorious Ravensbruck women's concentration camp, Rose's story is one of courage in the face of adversity.
According to Amazon, Rose Under Fire will be released in the UK on 3rd June 2013.


#2 - I saw Star Trek Into Darkness and IT WAS EXCELLENT!


I saw it on Thursday and I'm still a little giddy! I'll probably be going to see it again this week and may well dedicate a whole post to it because it was awesomesauce and I want to gush!


#3 - John Krasinski & Jimmy Fallon's Lip Sync Battle

Handsomeness + hilarity = happiness!



Feel free to share some of your favourite things in the comments! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment