Wednesday 21 August 2013

craft post: 'the office' blanket

I think I mentioned in my holiday post that while I was on the cruise I get my mum to teach me the basics of crochet. I'm hooked! (Pun intended!) It's really addictive - I can't sit in front of the TV now without my hooks and a ball or three of yarn!

Last week I finished my first crocheted blanket! As well as being my first project, I'll always associate it with The Office as it kept my hands busy while I marathoned that show for the first time! It's quite simple and by no means perfect (the tension varied quite a lot and none of the central motifs are square!) but I was quite chuffed to have finished it!


The pictures aren't great - the lighting in my room isn't ideal and apparently I can't hold a camera straight - but you can make out all the important things! I was using up wool that my mum had spare from knitting a blanket for my cousin's new baby so the colours aren't necessarily my favourites but I think it turned out okay - I really like the green/purple combo.

I've already started on my next project: a larger blanket using these colours...


I much prefer jewel tones to pastels so this is much more to my taste! Progress is a little slower now that I'm no longer watching 10 episodes of The Office a day but I really like what I've done so far! Once I've finished this I think I'm going to try my hand at stuffed animals - I've found some really wonderful patterns on Ravelry! I'll be sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment